SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Lay out plan - any comments?

sochi
7 years ago

I posted in the fall and the layout I'm going with is pretty much what Buehl recommended then. I have final measurements and preliminary plan properly drawn up now. I don't have cabinet size details yet, that comes next. Looking today for any final comments in the broad /high level layout. I think I have sufficient space around the cooktop and sink (at least 3' on either side of each), plus at least 48" for aisles. Nothing opens up onto an aisle, the dishwasher will likely be on the right of the sink. Steam and speed ovens will be where the x is.

The table off the island is meant for casual family meals, I prefer a table where we can look at each other rather than typical island seating. Thought on it? Should it be table height or island height?

This is all on a second floor. Conceptualize it like a second floor bungalow. The wide stairs just on the S (south) side of the kitchen won't protrude out quite as far as drawn, there will be enough landing space. The stairwell will separate the kitchen from the LR and DR, likely with a glass or wood railing around the stairs. Bedrooms are to the east and north of the kitchen and bathrooms pictures here

here it is:

Comment (1)