SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ps6fsu_de_z7

Tulip Poplar in bad shape?

Paul_DE-7a
7 years ago

Posted another thread to ask for suggestions on what trees to plant in place of a Tulip Poplar that I thought needs to come down. But now i have gotten some conflicting opinions from some local tree crews and im not sure what to do. I would prefer to keep the tree but my only worry is that it is only about 15 ft from the house. Originally, I had an arborist come to the house after we moved in to give us a consultation on our trees. When he was here he recommended some work being done on the Pin Oak out front and the Red Maple in the back but made no mention of this Tulip Poplar in question. I then got another estimate from a local tree company to do the same work and while he was on site he said this Poplar is rotting and needs to come down eventually. My wife then got another tree company to come out (bc other two estimates were very high) and he said the same thing. This morning I was planning to call one of the companies I had out and schedule the work to be done when I noticed a neighbor having some work done on their yard from a different tree company. I went over and asked him to stop by when he was done to look at this Poplar. I was surprised to hear him say that he didn't really think it needed to come down. I am lost at this point and not sure what to do now. Any thoughts? The 2nd photo is a closeup of the first photo and the 4th photo is a closeup of the 3rd.

Comments (10)