SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

From TV room to Bedroom

User
7 years ago

I need help and advice. We live in a two bedroom home which is fine. . . except when DD, SIL and their two girls come. (which is two or three times a year). The girls are getting big enough that they can't use a pack and play and putting cots, etc. in their parents room (which is what we've been doing) makes it a bit crowded. I do have the "sunroom" which is a room off our bedroom.

It's 10 feet by 14 feet and has windows across the front and the two windows you see. Currently, we use it as an "extra" tv room. The "extra" is when I have a ladies club meeting, etc., it's a place DH can go to watch TV while the company is here. It's not like after dinner we come up here and sit until bedtime. We don't and often go weeks without turning on the TV that is in that room.

I have the two leather chairs in there as well as a bookcase and the Asian cabinet.

I am thinking about turning it into a bedroom for the grands. Obviously, the chairs would all come out (the one with the matching ottoman would go downstairs to be used as our comfy TV chair) and the other leather chair would be sold. The Asian cabinet would also have to go as well.

My idea:

Chairs gone, on the wall where the Asian chest is (which I would also take out of there) I would put a full size Jenny Lind bed somewhat like this

Put a Bates bedspread on it and a hand embroidered quilt on the bottom. The bookcase would either stay in that room (in the corner) OR I would trade out a chest in the hall for the bookcase. We'd leave a TV in that room and instead of sitting in a chair, DH would have to lay on the bed (but he'd rather lay than sit anyway -- he lays on the sofa when we watch TV -- I'm the one in the chair)

The other option would be to keep the room as is, get cots for the girls and put them up in the sunroom -- moving the furniture out of the way.

I need opinions and advice as to whether I should change the sunroom to a bedroom or leave as is.

I appreciate any and all comments -- thanks!

Martha

Comments (24)