SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20091243

Totally OT Question about Philly Traffic

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone - this is OT, even for the OT section - but I know we have a few people here who are familiar with Philadelphia and I could use some advice about Philly traffic.

I often travel to southern Delaware and that trip takes me down the northeast extension of the PA turnpike.

Mapquest wants me to use the I-476 south extension from the end of the PA turnpike at Plymouth Meeting, which is a connector to 95/495 south, which then takes me to the southern side of Wilmington.

That stretch of highway (476 to 95/495) seems host to some pretty impressive traffic jams.

There is a longer route that avoids 476 - involves taking US202 (Wilmington Pike) through West Chester and only uses 95 for a brief stretch near Wilmington - but it is longer and looks like it isn't highway. If I'm stopping for traffic lights every 4 blocks that isn't gaining me anything. :)

I know nothing about Philadelphia. If you are familiar with the area, what route would you recommend from someone coming from north of Philly who wants to get to Wilmington Delaware?

Thank you!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville