SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bills742

New construction, opinions wanted for range hood and sink finish

Adnan Khan
7 years ago

Hello, my new house is currently under construction and I'm looking for advice. Overall, I'm going for an old world style. All the appliances will be stainless steel with no paneling. The cabinets in the perimeter will be Dynasty in Heirloom Black. The island will be Dynasty in Oyster Brushed Sepia (example here, although a more accurate color representation is here). I'm favoring the countertops in the perimeter to be quartz or granite in a cream color. For the island, I'm thinking of going full butcher block (color TBD). For the floors, they'll either be hickory wood or tile (color TBD).

I like the look of a copper range hood and copper sink but I'm worried about too many colors in the kitchen and it looking disorganized (black outer cabinets, off-white/grey island cabinets, cream perimeter countertops, wood island countertop, stainless steel appliances). Another potential option is a nickel sink and nickel range hood to match the stainless steel, although I've read mostly horror stories about nickel sinks. Another point to consider when selecting the sink finish is its close proximity to the stainless steel dishwasher. All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Comments (10)