SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly2007mike

Should all kids be treated equal?

lilly2007mike
7 years ago

I have been with my live in boyfriend for several years. He has a son, I have 3 kids. The situation is that I am starting to get upset about how my children are treated differently than his son. Examples of this in the last month are: My boyfriends dad calls and tells him that his son wants to go to an event and that he will pay for my boyfriend and his son to go, but its just for the 2 of them. My children were not invited. For the holidays his parents picked up his son and took him to open several gifts at their house because they didnt get anything for the other kids. Also, While i was working and my boyfriend was at home with my kids, his son was visiting his grandparents- My boyfriend got a call from his friends that they were at this event for kids and that he should bring his son to play. They said they would pay for him and wanted to see him. My boyfriend left my kids at home (They are old enough) and took his son. His son spends every weekend with his grandparents and comes home with new clothes, shoes, toys- ect. While my children dont get invited to these things. My youngest is the same age as his son, and I just dont think this is right. When talking to my boyfriend he says he didnt see it that way, that they just want to see his son. With the extra gifts he says he asked and they were gifts from the family. When my kids opened their gift it was a pillow. I got a towel- while my boyfriend and his son had several things and my kids had to just watch him open his gifts. What can I do without causing more issues?

Comments (6)