SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillymora

NWFL roses pruned and ready for spring

filly_z8bFL
7 years ago

Here's pics of my roses pruned and some have already been growning even though I removed most or all leaves before winter. Winter here was maybe low thirtys this year for a couple days at night so these little babies probably went dormant for a short time. I pruned some harshly bc we got a new roof and the roofers damaged a lot of my garden... a lot of canes had damage.

All my roses are own roots, some will be going into their second season this year, while my others going into their 3rd year I hope are glorious since I've read it takes 3 years for own roots to come into their own. Excuse the leaves and weeds. Need to take care of the beds now that winter is almost over.

Golden celebration- 2nd year.. moved to climb pillar on my front porch this year. Hopefully more sun will give me bigger and better blooms

James Galway- 3rd year.. on the other pillar already. Can't wait for the blooms on this one since they are always sooo ruffled and beautiful. I wish the scent was stronger but when you sniff the flowers they smell like old rose

Heritage- 3rd year.. in a partial sun spot. I Am hoping this year they will grow together as one big specimen as the DA website suggests with some of their roses. Hopefully will give more cover to the ladybug castle my husband got me for Christmas from uncommongoods

Crocus rose- 2nd year..moved from backyard to front to get more sun. Barely amended the soil so we'll see how it does

Jude the obscure- 2nd year. Moved to get more sun in front border bed. Already pumping out a lot of leaves.

Carding mill- 2nd year. Was in this spot before winter. Hope this gets fuller and taller

Lichfield angel- 2nd year.. looking very dormant still. This one branched out on the ends of long canes. I'm debating digging up and redoing planting hole. I got some peters bloom food which is high in phosphorus so I think I may be adding much more of that and potassium to promote branching.

Evelyn- 2nd year. Hasn't bloomed for me yet. I hope I get some blooms this spring. It's in a ideal spot on the SE side of house.

Alnwick- 2nd year (but was a band last year). Wants to catch up to all my gallon 2 year.

Molineux- 2nd year.. pruned out a lot of damage 1/2 the plant. I hope I didn't take too much out but she is vigorous and always full of blooms during the season

Comments (26)