SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

SL Coastal Cottage Master Bath

monicakm_gw
7 years ago

WAY back in Feb of 2015 DD and DSIL broke ground on their dream home on 20 acres. My husband was their contractor. Due to the wettest year in Texas history and DH's double bypass surgery/recovery, subs that didn't want to work and the kids wanting to do all the work they could by themselves, it took 1.5 yrs to get it move in ready. They moved in late Aug 2016. The back cottage, that will be her professional kitchen, is still only completed as much as the bank required. She just finished the master bathtub a couple of weeks ago. There is nothing fancy about this house but it's amazingly charming and looks like the 100 year old house she wanted it to look like. In fact, many of the features in the house are 100 years old, including doors, tubs, light fixtures.

I thought her master bath turned out really nice. She redid the tub herself, keeping the outside in the condition she found it in. The vanities are old library card catalog tables. The ceiling fixture came from an auction. I couldn't beleive she could have done anything with it LOL It was a mess! The tin at the top of the shower wall is old/used. What looks like old barn wood in the shower is porcelain plank. The floors thru out the entire house except for the kid's bathroom...well they are stained/poly-ed plywood :o

The door you see to the right is the potty room. Just to the right and left from where the picture is taken are two walk in closets

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022