SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
admin3872

problem with new install - water coming out both shower + sprout

Gaga Liya
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

hi guys i just finished a full bathroom renovation but there is a problem with my tub/shower install. I used moen danika fixture set (link to spec at end) as you can see it's a pretty standard 3 piece set from moen. The problem is when i turn on the water to the sprout, the shower head is also leaking considerable amount of water (if i pull the plug on sprout, all water goes to shower head and sprout stops - no issue there). I also bouught and replaced it with another exact same new set - but it has same issue.

The contractor/plumber said they have been on the phone with moen for hours and moen said it is because my water pressure is too high causing the valve not able to stop the water from shooting up to the shower head. I still dont understand that, since this is a 3rd floor bath, my bath on 1st floor and my other baths on 3rd floor none have this issue (although they are using a different model fixture).

I am pretty much on my own at this point, since contractor wont do anything else and i doubt they even know how to fix it. I just want to get some opinions, is it worth it for me to hire another plumber to look at it and try fix it, or if what my original contractor said is actually valid - then the only one is to knock out the tiles and replace the whole thing which i dont want to do at this point.

This is the moen set i have, it includes the valve which i think is the root of all this issue.

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/product-specifications/82733sp.pdf

Thank you

Comments (2)