SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housequester

Amish kitchen in Illinois

housequester
7 years ago

ILoveRed, (or anyone else) I'd love to hear more about your experience with your cabinet maker from Arthur. I've been dealing with a really bad situation on my kitchen for the last few weeks and I'm not sure what to do, but I need to find a new company to work with.

In a nutshell, there was an Amish cabinet maker who comes highly recommended by at least 4 people I know, 2 of whom are custom builders. He works with a specific designer who worked at a cabinet company. I met with the designer a number of weeks ago, but never heard back. I called his company and first was given the run around, and then they told me he was no longer there. No explanation, but I found out yesterday they told my builder he quit. This happened at a time when their other designer had just had a baby. So, I've worked with her over the phone for the last few weeks and was about ready to make a final decision in their favor, when in conversation with my builder yesterday he mentioned that they no longer carry the cabinet line associated with the designer because the contract goes with him. Punch to the gut--so what have they been quoting me all this time? I knew there was a new line, but thought it was in addition to the other guy. Nope.

So, I got ahold of the Amish cabinet maker this morning and he was pretty angry at the situation, saying that the other company actually fired his designer because he was getting on their case about not paying their bills and basically running a sort of Ponzi scheme in getting more and more 50% deposits on kitchens to pay off the previous kitchens. So by now I no longer don't know what I'm getting, I realize they've been really dishonest with me from the beginning. I can go directly to the cabinet maker but they are way behind on quotes, or I can go with their original designer in his new location, but I really didn't love his design skills from the beginning.

AARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Ok, Breathe.

Comments (10)