SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Art - three prints and three colors ?

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've liked this dog print for quite a few years now. After accidentally stumbling upon a frame with double matting at a thrift store, I immediately remembered the print and knew it would be perfect.

The first one looked great (and it matches how the photo looks on my monitor) except the thick cardboard shipping envelope was bent during transit and creased the photo. Since there's a 'crease' down the middle of the print I felt it drew very obvious attention to the fact that it's a print. Where I was going to hang it will be up close and not tucked in a corner somewhere. I contacted the seller, he apologized and sent a new one immediately. We're on the third print now. For reference this is an 8x10 print and my total cost with shipping was $10 something.

Second one arrived and it was super pink. The crop was a little weird but I could have lived with that. Sent a photo to him showing both so he could see the difference. Apologizing again he said,

I'll send another one. I used a Canon Printer on the second one as I was out of ink in my K3 Epson when I printed. Looks like I'll go with the K3 for this print.

I got the third print and it's really green!! :( IRL I think I think the green cast is worse.

Which leads me to ask, if he was out of ink and replaced it, is the latest very green print a result of full ink or do you think it's possible he altered the picture trying to get rid of the pink?

I hate to say anything else. #1 matches my monitor and the coloring looks correct in general. It is more brown and has a sepia look. It's also the only one that works in the frame/mat I was going to use.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Sale photo.

The mailed prints.

Comments (19)