SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa7221_web

Hello from another Sans fan!

Lisbeth Salander (zone 7)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone, I've read a lot in this forum in the last couple of days. Lots of useful information and nice images! I am in Germany (very cold right now) and I keep the plants inside my tiny apartment. Primarily cacti, but I lost the opportunity to give them appropriate winter temps, so I thought of sansevieria again. My grandmother had the common S. trif. Laurentii, and I always liked them.

A couple of years ago, I ordered a S.t. hahnii Jade Marginated (plus a Solid Gold, which promptly died on me) and a S. dooneri striated via ebay. Then pretty much ignored them, which they did not seem to mind much. I have them in mineral mix with maybe 10% organic.

A couple of weeks ago, I got several S. t. 'Robusta', which was not really on my wish list, but they would have been thrown away. They are the discarded parts of someone cleaning out their pots, some are etiliolated, some are too bright, I hope they will grow into nice plants.

I'll go sans hunting in shops and stores in spring. Also, I think I spotted a Silver Laurentii in the windowsill of a café (I recognized it thanks to Stush's picture) and if I can work up the courage, I'll ask them for a sport. So many nice sans I'd like to have, so little space!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH