SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pat_lee92

Bath tub liner: Wish I'd Done More Research

Pat Lee
7 years ago

There are only 2 companies here who do bath tub liners. I chose the one that seemed better for the situation - I didn't think I wanted the company who did the one piece wall and tub liner in case "something" had to be fixed inside one of the 3 walls. I company I went with - I had gone to their showroom, and was pretty sure that I did not see the lumpy ugly appearance of the so called "anti slip" bottom of the tub liner in the showroom. Therefore I was quite surprised to see what looked like a thin lumpy long bathmat sandwiched to the underside of the tub liner (between liner and old tub). Nor was I fullly understanding the ability of the tub to hold its heat. I had assumed that a double layer would hold the water temperature better. It doesn't. Its the reverse. I believe the air space of the previous tub got better warmed, and when the new liner was installed, there is more material to heat and access to the air space that is now further away - cools the tub more quickly. Since I am a bath person not a shower person I notice these things. In addition - I should never have assumed the fitting they installed I would like. No one asked me what my preference was and as a result the most expensive (and also unattractive to me) was installed. All this for about 3900.00. The tub faucet and drain was priced at 500.00. Ridiculous as what would have matched better and more attractive was priced at HD at 180.00. RETAIL.

Comments (3)