SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moss_alyssa

Help me save my adopted Yucca tree!

Alyssa
7 years ago

Hello,

I recently saved a large yucca tree from the Colorado elements. Someone left the tree in my complex garage after moving out on Dec 30th. After watching it get moved out to the snowy curb the following day, then kicked over and its pot broken the morning of January 1st, I decided to take the plant in. I have several large plants thriving in my place currently and looked forward to adding this Yucca. I brought the Yucca in, repotted it, and stabilized the trunk with string and rods. As this is my first yucca, I potted the plant in a drainless pot and gave it just a bit of water. After researching more the following day, I decided to move the plant to my brightest window and drill holes in the bottom of the pot for adequate drainage.

Despite my efforts, the tree continues to look worse and worse. The leaves have dried and turned a dark green/brown with large brown spots. The trunk is darker in pigment a few inches above the surface. I fear this may mean severe root rot though the soil is completely dry. I will attach photos of the tree below. Please help me save this tree, it is sad to see such a large and beautiful plant die.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths