SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojomom

Furnishing you Newly Built Home

mojomom
7 years ago

First, we will be moving 1200 mile from a 1937 Cape to more mountain contemporary home. My current plan is that except for a few decorative chairs, antique case goods, a few family pieces, and, of course art, we will buying new furniture for the new house. Since we bought the lot 2.8 years ago, I started a "hopechest" of items, such as new towels, tea towels, le cruset, other kitchen items and a very few decorative items. Last summer, I traded an antique oriental in the wrong colors for a beautiful new oriental that fits better with our color scheme, We've already ordered (and paid for) the dining table (custom made) and DH's recliner. We're zeroing in on couches and dining chairs, but haven't ordered yet. I am using an ID for the public spaces but will do the bedrooms and offices myself. Will probably go a bit less expensive there.

It kind of leaves me breathless me spending so much on new furniture while spending on the house itself, but factoring in moving costs, helps and I am doing it in 10,000 to 15,000 bites rather than all at once. How are you handling furniture purchases for your house?

Comments (30)