SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayhemingway

Chandelier over baby grand piano?

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have a large living room that measures 20'x23', and it has 9' ceilings and large windows on the south, west and north walls. The house is a colonial farm house. We've installed wide plank white oak throughout, and the walls are painted BM White Blush with Snowfall White on the trim.

There are 3x 5" cans on the west wall over a bank of 6 windows that span almost the entire wall. I'm installing gimbal led retrofits in those cans.

The south wall has 2 sconces TBD on either side of the fireplace, which is flanked by windows. That side of the room will have seating, and the north side of the room will hold a baby grand piano we've inherited. There was a rather insane double eagle brass chandelier hanging over a dining table where the piano will go.

My question is, should I hang another chandelier over the piano, or install another recessed light in its spot? I'm wondering if the Ballard Designs 12-light Lourdes chandelier (http://www.ballarddesigns.com/lourdes-12-light-chandelier/214725) would be out of scale. Is a 32" chandelier too tall for 9' ceilings?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America