SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
suter705

Anyone installed Coretec Grande Petronas or Grande Lotte, Pictures?

suter705
2 years ago

We are getting ready to install LVP throughout our entire 2800 SQ FT home except for 2 bathrooms which will be tile. I would like to get input regarding the Coretec Grande product line in general and pictures from anyone who has installed any of these products: Coretec Grand Petronas, Grande Lotte or Grande Goldin Oak, I also considered Coretec Calypso. The online pictures are very different from the samples! I have a very active Vizsla (sporting dog) and am looking for something with a minimum of a 20 mil wear layer, the Grande line is 30 mil. The Grande line is also embossed in register, so it has a better appearance than many I have looked at and a price to go along with that. I will be having professional installation. What kind of prices did you find per SQ Ft in the market place? We live in SE Virginia in a transitional/traditional 2 story home with an open kitchen, eating area and vaulted family room; everything else is separate rooms. I will be changing my kitchen cabinets to a very light off white (SW Greek Villa which is a close match to all of the off white trim currently throughout my home, cabinets are currently "white washed oak") and installing white ice or Splendor white granite (combo of white, off white, grays & black). I am concerned that the Grande Lotte or Calypso will be too light and make the the rooms have a cold/cool appearance versus having a warmer floor color to ground the off white cabinets and trim. The Penmore Walnut seems less interesting and too dark. Goldin Oak seems to have a lot of gray tones. I could not get a sample of the Calypso Oak.

Pictures are in this order: Penmore Oak, Grande Petronas Oak, Grande Goldin Oak, Grande Lotte Oak taken with natural light from windows. Cherry furniture in bedroom stays.

Comments (173)

• Bill & Lynne
    11 months ago

Looks great! I have heard that you should NOT put the appliances on top of the flooring because the weight might make them bow, or something like that!

• captain_obvious
    11 months ago

Suter, I was told you cannot install cabinets on top of Coretec like you can with real hardwood. It’s a floating floor and the weight of the cabinets can cause issues with the floor. I installed coretec in my bathroom with a furniture style vanity that sits on top of the floor. The weight of the vanity caused the flooring not under the vanity to lift up slightly (kind of like a see-saw). Just looking at it, you couldn’t tell there was an issue but you could feel it flex when you walked in it and there was a squeak. Had I known it was going to create an issue I would have picked a regular cabinet and not run the floor under it.

• Related Discussions

Anyone Install Coretec Grande Goldin Oak

Q

Comments (210)
    We love love love the Makkah Oak we just installed in our new build!!  It isn't as easy to install as the thinner stuff but sooo worth it, and once you figure out the tricks it's really not too difficult to diy!  It is gorgeous, easy to clean, and so solid.  We laid close to 2000 sq ft and I think we will eventually do our basement with the same floor.  Efloors.com had by far the best price when we bought, and our experience was great.
    ...See More

Coretec Grande Lotte?

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi there, I just posted some pics of my grande lotte oak at the link below. Definitely don't think it pulls yellow. I tried to do a bit darker wood for my island in an oak and it does pull slightly red... but I don't think it would have done that if I had gone with a different stain. Im obsessed with these floors and get so many compliments. They've been really easy to clean and everyone working on my remodel is very impressed. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6142026/coretec-grande-lotte-oak#n=1
    ...See More

Coretec Pro- on Staircase?

Q

Comments (3)
    I prefer to not use the risers but have white risers but that is a personal choice I did put LVP on my basement stairs I used a vinyl nosing since that was way too expensive for my basement stairs but very easy to do and looks awesome . I love the all one piece trads to match the flooring and would certainly do that if this is the entry staircase .
    ...See More

Anyone have pictures of Coretec Grande Khalifa Oak installed?

Q

Comments (0)
    Wondering how this looks installed. If appreciate any pictures. Thanks!
    ...See More
  • azeikus
    10 months ago

Hello! For those of you did Lotte Oak, what wood species and stain did you choose for your stairs/railing? My builder is saying that white oak is hard to come by and that red oak would be a close match, but I'm not so sure!

• Jeanie
    10 months ago

We are also looking at the Grande Petronas. Would someone who installed the Cortec Grande floors tell us how many repeat patterns are in the boards and what percentage of the boards are 28", 55" and 82"? Thanks!

• suter705
    Original Author
    10 months ago

The info on the repeat is on the website. Each box has 6 boards, 2 of each.

• Erin Paskett
    8 months ago

Louise Stanley I love these floors. Would you say they read a nice traditional medium brown? Or more orange?

• Louise Stanley
    8 months ago

Erin, it depends on lighting. Warm medium brown in some, with a warm orange hue when using soft white lighting. I think you will love them. They look more like wood than many mat wood floors!

• Becky Knight
    8 months ago

I love the Coretec Grande Lotte Oak. I have compared them to other WPC LVP and the quality, look and feel is the best! Everyone on the mainland is lucky they don’t live in Hawaii. I was initially quoted $19/sq ft for material only! Then I got it down to $10.85/sq ft. The most shocking thing is I was quoted $42k for labor alone!! 🤯 This is for 2000 sq ft.

• Scotty D
    8 months ago

Hi Becky, try and get a few more labor bids, 3$-5$ per ft is reasonable for labor, maybe in Hawaii it could go as high as $7, but $42,000 seems very high.

• suter705
    Original Author
    8 months ago

They are finishing my Grande Petronas today!!!! The contractor has told me that because it is the stiffest laminate they have ever worked with that if someone else uses it they will be charged a bit more for labor than I am paying. It is beautiful flooring. They also say that once it is down “it’s not going to float anywhere”. They are getting a workout each day because it is also a lot heavier than most laminate. More like working with hardwood. I will post more pics once things get cleaned up. Waiting for the kitchen cabinets to arrive.

• captain_obvious
    8 months ago

@Becky - Admittedly, I’m not familiar with costs in Hawaii, but $42K for labor alone seems excessively high. I’m in the Midwest and paid about $13500 for material and install for 1600 sq ft.

• Kim Parks
    7 months ago

Kristi, I must have missed it on here, everything looks beautiful! What color are your floors?

• Amy Linder
    4 months ago

Does this flooring feel rough on bare feet, gritty with light everyday use and dirt. we are starting to queation our decision the longer the sample is in our home. we like how real wood it felt now is ot to rustic and rough

• Kim Parks
    4 months ago

Not rough, but definitely pretty hard on the feet for LVP. I think because it’s so thick, it’s much harder and unforgiving.

• dcsam
    4 months ago

No. Not gritty.

• dcsam
    4 months ago

Or rough.

• Jeanie
    4 months ago

We love our new flooring!! We are used to tile so tend to wear Birkenstocks in the house anyways. The only difference I see is that we tend to sweep or vacuum more frequenly. Never knew how much dirt we were bringing into the house before. Also, we have a lively 38 lb dog and have also dropped things on it and no scratches - couldn't be happier!

• Louise Stanley
    4 months ago

Love mine….not gritty or rough. Installed on slab, so extra thickness keeps floor warmer in winter than previous thinner engineered wood floor I replaced.

• captain_obvious
    4 months ago

Amy, I’ve had my Coretec Grande for almost a year now and had hardwood (finished on site) in a prior home. I prefer the Coretec. It takes the worry away from having real wood. It’s easy to keep clean and doesn’t feel rough or gritty under foot.

• Jeanie
    4 months ago

Amy - we were torn like you. We were really leaning towards hardwood floors but having a dog made me nervous. Then I spoke with a close family friend who is an amazing wood worker- he makes beatiful wood furniture & he said he would only go with LVP. His response shocked me. He also has a dog so that is a big factor for going the LVP route versus hardwood - I’m glad we listened to him! The Cortec Grande looks beautiful and is strong. Our kids are all grown up so not sure how a child crawling on it would be affected. One other issue we had was the change in floor height after removing the tile and backerboard. We had to remove the plywood over the subfloor too because the Grande is a lot thicker than most LVP. We wouldn’t be able to remove the dishwasher otherwise if we had to replace it one day. We still need to put on taller baseboards or sand & repaint the walls at the base because of the height difference. Just a few things to consider - sorry so long!

• Ruth Libby
    4 months ago

We refloored half my mom’s house with Cortek. It was breathtaking beautiful, and felt so wonderful. We recommend this manufactor.

• Shelby K
    last month

We are getting the grande petronas installed, they just started today and im so excited! so thankful that so many people shared their results in the thread! the flooring looks beautiful! cant wait to have it finished.

• Louise Stanley
    last month

Think you will love it!

• Bill & Lynne
    last month

Shelby, please share pictures once finished!

• Shelby K
    last month

Ill definitely update once it is finished. here are a few from what they had completed yesterday

• Bill & Lynne
    last month

Beautiful!

• Shelby K
    last month

Final update on the house. heres a photo dump! Not sure why it looks so red in the kitchen, its not that red in real life

• Todd Bowser
    last month

looks really nice!!

• Shelby K
    last month

Thanks! I’m really happy with it! now I just need to see how it holds up over time!

• Louise Stanley
    last month

Looks great…lighting changes the look in every room for me….natural light, warm lumens, cool bulbs, night vs day…. The great thing is that so many folks think that it is a hardwood floor due to width, multiple lengths and the variety of grains that make it hard to identify repeating pattern. Enjoy!

• Bill & Lynne
    last month

Looks really pretty! I would love to follow up with you after a year to see if you still like it!

• L Bolin
    15 days ago

I've enjoyed scrolling through pictures on this post. I'm planning on ordering the Grande Petronas Oak for my kitchen, living room, dining room & hallway. Ours is a standard urban house. I have two questions, 1) does this floor look 'rustic' as you would expect in a cabin or more 'refined' as you would expect in a new urban build with hardwood floor? 2) can anyone comment on how their floor has worn after a few weeks, months, years? I have a 60 pound dog so am a bit concerned about scuffs. Thank you!

• captain_obvious
    15 days ago

LBolin, I don’t think the floor appears rustic. My home is transitional and I’m very pleased with the appearance and how the floor tied everything together. I’ve had Grande Lotte Oak for a little over a year now and am also happy with the durability. I recently got a puppy, who is not easy on the floor, and haven’t noticed any scratches or damage from her. The drawback for dogs is that they slip easily on this floor, but they would with real hardwoods. I did drop something and it left a dent in the floor, but you would never know unless I pointed it out. Overall, I highly recommend as they’re much more durable than the finish on site hardwood I had in a previous home.

• suter705
    Original Author
    15 days ago

1) The biggest reason I chose this flooring was because I felt like it would work with any decor. I think you can make is as rustic or refined as you want by choosing your decor and style. I used the Grand Petronas in my 2 story transitional home in South Eastern VA where I was going for a more traditional coastal feel. It is NOT shiny like many hardwood floors. It is more of a matte finish. This line of flooring is Engineered in Register, the texture matches the grain, it is not painted on the surface like most LVP, thus the higher cost. The planks are different lengths, which I think makes the flooring more interesting, but not the focal point. I have used it throughout my entire house. I ordered one box of the flooring to lay out in my home before ordering all that I needed so that I could see how it would really look (over 2000 sq ft). The installers worked this box in with the pallet of flooring that I ordered. 2) My flooring has been installed for 6 months now and I do not have a single dent, scratch or scuff. I don't have children. I have a 50 lb Vizsla (think high energy zoomies), he is very glad to have area rugs! This being said, we were obsessive about putting furniture pads on EVERYTHING. I am so glad that I did not do any tile and happy to be rid of carpet and all that it collects. I am using the Cortec concentrate in a Swiffer type cleaning tool that I can refill myself. It works great and I am still on the first bottle.

• suter705
    Original Author
    15 days ago

Uploading a few pics.

• suter705
    Original Author
    15 days ago

A few more.

• L B
    7 days ago

Suter705 It looks great! I am excited to get on with getting this ordered. My kitchen is very out of level; I guess the floorlayers have experience with handling this and will level it out somehow. Levelling compound? ill be sure to ask when the rep comes out to measure.

• L B
    7 days ago

Captain_Obvious thank you for your response. Your floor looks great. Ive decided I will go with this product 👍

• L B
    6 days ago

Will this table dent /scuff Grand Petronas? Note wood wheels.

• suter705
    Original Author
    6 days ago

I have a wardrobe with similar wheels. I ordered caster cups to put under wheels. I also got caster cups for the much wider wheels on my piano.

• HU-146890632
    6 days ago

HiI, i am considering purchasing the Grande Petronas Oak for entire first floor We have a huge 100 lb silver labador… worried about scratching …anyone with dogs having any issues? i did not see the color in store that was mentioned in earlier remark, the Lotte Oak… what to others think of this color?

• L B
    6 days ago

Suter705 Thanks for the tip. Your floors are beautiful!

• captain_obvious
    6 days ago

HU-146 - I have a 25 pound puppy and so far no issues with her and the floor. She gets the zoomies and runs and slides and I haven’t had any scratches. She isn’t the neatest with her water bowl and no issues with dripped water being left on the floor either. The floors are slippery for her so I have rugs in strategic spots to help her keep her traction while we get through this puppy phase. Even though your lab is much bigger, I think the floors will hold up fine.

• L B
    3 days ago

Ill be ordering the Grand Petronas today (yes, im excited!). What backing do folks have on their scatter rugs? Coretecs site suggests no rubber backed rugs. ill want walk out rugs at my doorways and normally use rubber backed ones so they dont slide around.

• captain_obvious
    2 days ago

LB - without a rug pad or backing, rugs will slide around. I got these grippers from Amazon that I put in the corners of my smaller rugs and runners to keep them from sliding around. My larger area rugs (8x10 and bigger) have been fine without anything. So far no issues using the grips.

• L B
    2 days ago
    last modified: 2 days ago

Captain_obvious thank you. do your rugs have a jute woven backing or plain cotton?

• L B
    2 days ago

Suter705 do you have the planks running in the same direction throughout your house?

• Kim Parks
    2 days ago

Yes!

• suter705
    Original Author
    2 days ago

Yes. Upstairs and downstairs!

• L B
    yesterday

Thanks. The long length of our home layout is side to side with the exception of the kitchen which is at one end of the house and runs front to back. if i go all one direction with the long length of the house, the boards will be fairly short in the kitchen. Hopefully this will look ok.