SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suter705

Anyone installed Coretec Grande Petronas or Grande Lotte, Pictures?

suter705
3 years ago

We are getting ready to install LVP throughout our entire 2800 SQ FT home except for 2 bathrooms which will be tile. I would like to get input regarding the Coretec Grande product line in general and pictures from anyone who has installed any of these products: Coretec Grand Petronas, Grande Lotte or Grande Goldin Oak, I also considered Coretec Calypso. The online pictures are very different from the samples! I have a very active Vizsla (sporting dog) and am looking for something with a minimum of a 20 mil wear layer, the Grande line is 30 mil. The Grande line is also embossed in register, so it has a better appearance than many I have looked at and a price to go along with that. I will be having professional installation. What kind of prices did you find per SQ Ft in the market place? We live in SE Virginia in a transitional/traditional 2 story home with an open kitchen, eating area and vaulted family room; everything else is separate rooms. I will be changing my kitchen cabinets to a very light off white (SW Greek Villa which is a close match to all of the off white trim currently throughout my home, cabinets are currently "white washed oak") and installing white ice or Splendor white granite (combo of white, off white, grays & black). I am concerned that the Grande Lotte or Calypso will be too light and make the the rooms have a cold/cool appearance versus having a warmer floor color to ground the off white cabinets and trim. The Penmore Walnut seems less interesting and too dark. Goldin Oak seems to have a lot of gray tones. I could not get a sample of the Calypso Oak.

Pictures are in this order: Penmore Oak, Grande Petronas Oak, Grande Goldin Oak, Grande Lotte Oak taken with natural light from windows. Cherry furniture in bedroom stays.

Comments (220)

• Kim Parks
    last year

Yes!

• suter705
    Original Author
    last year

Yes. Upstairs and downstairs!

• Related Discussions

Has anyone installed COREtec Grande Khalifa?

Q

Comments (3)
    Don’t see a picture . I think the company has a pretty good reputation as for how that floor looks there is no way to compare someone elses space to yours
    ...See More

Coretec LVP (Garamond Oak/Grande Goldin Oak)

Q

Comments (1)
    Are you ordering online or is there a ProSource or other large carpet/flooring store where you can see the samples in person? We installed Cortec Monterey Oak in my Dad's remodel about 3 years ago. They're always changing colors, so probably this specific color is not offered anymore. To me it's a medium brown and I'm sure they have some other medium browns to choose from. It's hard to judge unless you can see the samples in person and maybe place them side by side with some other colors you are going to have in the room. When shopping I noticed that they were rated as to how much variation each color has. I can't remember if they were rated 1, 2 and 3 or what the descriptor was. But Monterey Oak was in the middle, such as a "2." After installation I remember thinking it was a good thing we didn't go to the level 3. Level 2 has plenty of variation, actually a little too much for me, but my Dad liked it. Here are a few pictures, from a more sideways orientation, and from above. The sideways ones show more variation, but normally when a person is in a room you are not looking at the floor sideways like this. In person it reads medium brown, neutral and not a "feature" of the room. It's there to support/backdrop the rest of the room. Personally I would have liked going with a number "1" level of variation, but my Dad liked this one. Sideways-ish: See how it looks kind of stripy from a sideways-ish angle? From above standing up; here it looks less stripy: Maybe it's the lighting or the way the boards are oriented. In the end, we like it and it's a non-issue, but I remember thinking I would have preferred a bit of a quieter floor.
    ...See More

Coretec Grande Lotte?

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi there, I just posted some pics of my grande lotte oak at the link below. Definitely don't think it pulls yellow. I tried to do a bit darker wood for my island in an oak and it does pull slightly red... but I don't think it would have done that if I had gone with a different stain. Im obsessed with these floors and get so many compliments. They've been really easy to clean and everyone working on my remodel is very impressed. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6142026/coretec-grande-lotte-oak#n=1
    ...See More

SOS! Cortec Grande Petronas Oak VV662 04013

Q

Comments (14)
    We installed the Grande Petronas Oak two months ago, and I like the look of the varying colors in the planks. The sample is representative of the lighter color, but it worked out for us. There are about 5 distinct "marks" in the pattern, that I, as a designer, was very observant of upon installation. I watched the installers and worked with them to not place the same "marks" near each other, especially side by side, thus making it look not synthetic. If the manufacturer would remove these "marks", I would 100% recommend. As it stands, if I could not have supervised the installation, I would not be happy about placement and the finished product. If your eye is detailed, just be aware.
    ...See More
  • L B
    last year

Thanks. The long length of our home layout is side to side with the exception of the kitchen which is at one end of the house and runs front to back. if i go all one direction with the long length of the house, the boards will be fairly short in the kitchen. Hopefully this will look ok.

• L B
    last year

Shelby K how do you like the Grand Petronas on your stairs? we had planned to carpet our interior stairs fearing the LVP would be slippery. Seeing your stairs is causing us to rethink the stairs and consider continuing the LVP there too.

• Shelby K
    last year

I wouldnt say they are slippery, the matte finish and texture helps a lot. We havent had any issues yet. We have a two yr old and five yr old, both do great on the stairs. i dont usually let them wear socks so keep that in mind. but I’ve went up and down the stairs a few time with socks on without issue. obviously carpet is the least slippery option (and one we considered too) but im glad with our decision for the stairs.

• L B
    last year

Thank you Shelby. The flooring looks house looks amazing in your hime!

• Shelby K
    last year

Thanks LB, Im really happy with the floors, we love the look, they are easy to clean, and they seem really durable so far. Like i said, we have two kids, and they can get pretty wild. i feel they look even more like real wood after having them installed; I was nervous it would feel the opposite.

• J Russum
    last year

We are 4 months into our Cortec Grande Petronas flooring and still loving it! Cleans well especially with husband forgetting to take off boots when coming in. I do recommend putting furniture pads on everything - just to be safe. We have 1 small scratch but that was my fault - I super glued felt pads onto the dining chairs because they kept falling off and 1 fell off despite that. The hard glue scratched the floor. I bought Scotch furniture glides that have a round metal piece you tap in with a hammer - much better! Still working on a rug pad that won’t slide as much. RugPadUSA has a pad called Anchor Grip with an EVA non slip backing specifically for LVP floors that I hope will work. I will update when it arrives. My question is for anyone who has this in a south facing room - are you noticing sun damage on your flooring?

• L B
    last year

What are folks using to clean their Grand Petronas floors?

• Louise Stanley
    last year

I use Encore cleaner by Cortec. You can buy it in a large container on Amazon for much less than Bona (which I used on previous floors). No need to rinse and no residue. In between, I simply use a damp cloth for quick clean ups.

• suter705
    Original Author
    last year

I’m using the Encore Concentrate by Cortec. Amazed how long a bottle lasts. Purchased from Amazon and bought a refillable microfiber cleaning device that sprays the cleaner. Damp mop in between as needed with water. No problems with residue. Very easy.

• L B
    last year

Suter705…somethisomething like this?

• suter705
    Original Author
    last year

Yes! Just make sure it is a refillable bottle, so you can use the Encore concentrate.

• L B
    last year

J Russum we are awaiting install of the Grand Petronas. one of our rooms does have south facing windows. Are you experiencing fading after only 4 months?

• Louise Stanley
    last year

None here…but I did have the southern facing windows tinted to cut down on heat and possibility of furniture fade a few years before installing the grande petronas.

• J Russum
    last year

We haven‘t had any fading on Grande Petronas in the 4 month’s we have had it but some of our furniture is fading. Like the window tinting idea Louise!

• Louise Stanley
    last year

The tint really works and does not look dark like it does on a car. The local company brought many options to choose from…I chose a warm one that enhances the view abit.

• S B
    last year

I know this is a older post, but just wondering how you like the Grande petronas oak?

• suter705
    Original Author
    last year

Love my Cortec Grande Petronas. It’s been installed for 8 months now. I have a 50lb pointer and not a scratch in sight. I have it installed throughout the entire house. Everyone who sees it gives compliments. Easy to clean and care for. It could only be better if it cleaned itself. No complaints here.

• Rachie Cat
    last year

Following

• S B
    last year

Thanks for the reply!

• Mandy D
    last year

Hi all! We are looking to install Coretec grande as well. I have seen some posts about other Coretec lines looking hazy and showing foot prints even after cleaning. Is that the case with Grande too? Also torn socks and pants seem to be a consistent complain. Have you guys noticed it? Thanks for all your feedback!

• captain_obvious
    last year

Mandy - I had Coretec Plus in a previous home and now have Grande in my current. I haven’t had issues with haziness or torn clothing with either product line.

• L B
    last year

We are having the Grande Petronus Oak installed now. We are really happy with the look and feel of the floor. Question: the installers placed two identical boards side by side in a high visibilty spot. These particular boards have a very recognizable knot pattern. Having them together catches our eye and screams ’fake wood’ 😢. The installers advise they cannot take the floor apart to switch out the offending board but have offered to cut it out and glue in a replacement board. Will we be able to tell that they have cut and glued? Now or into the future? or should we just live with it?

• L B
    last year

Next question: what do you use under kitchen chair legs that are getting slid back and forth constantly? i put felt pads but they sound like scrubbies going across the floor. concerned about wear marks over time. thank you!

• captain_obvious
    last year

Hi LB - personally, I can’t tell that identical planks are next to each other. I suspect in a few weeks you won’t even notice this either, so I recommend just living with it. (I did a whole house remodel and quite a few things bugged me at first and I don’t even notice them now). That said, I had an issue with some planks in my powder room because the subfloor was uneven. They had to cut out two boards, plane the subfloor, and glue down the replacement planks. I’ve had no issue with those planks being patched in and my floors have been in for a year and a half now.

• L B
    last year

captain_obvious Thank you for your reply. The install was completed today and there are no extra boards the right length so the decision is made for us. The estimator cut it very close…only a part box left with some short boards boards. im planningnto ask the flooring company to order us a spare box in case we need it in the future. What have you put on furniture legs that are frequently moved. Felt pads dont seem to glide nicely on this matt finish. thanks again!

• Fran Guerin
    last year

My felt pads don’t last long and always need changing.

• L B
    last year

Fran Guerin thank you for your reply. Did you find an alternative that glides better on this floor?

• Fran Guerin
    last year

Unfortunately not yet

• Cindy
    10 months ago

My husband and I are considering using Cortec Grande on the first level of our new build. Unfortunetely, we’ve had several issues with uneven flooring that scares me to death with the Cortec flooring. I was really hoping to be able to use it. We have a large dog that scratched our wood floors in our previous house. Trying to decide between the Cortec Grande or real wood flooring. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

• Lana Balan
    8 months ago

We had picked the Grande Petronas for our new build but unfortunately it is not available right now ( no stock until maybe Spring of 2024). Back to the drawing board with finding another type of flooring. I think the stock may include all Coretec Grande line. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

• captain_obvious
    8 months ago

@Cindy, I have a 40 pound dog who isn’t easy on the Coretec floors and we have had any scratches. They are much more durable than real hardwoods.

@Lana, I had to wait 6 months for the Coretec Grande product to come in and it delayed other parts of my renovation. Ultimately I’m happy I waited, but spring 2024 is excessive. I had Coretec Plus in my previous home and was also happy with that line, so it could be an alternative option for you. I have no experience with this product since I went with Coretec, but as I was researching flooring products, I found that a lot of people were happy with Provenza LVP flooring and they had great color ways to select from.

• captain_obvious
    8 months ago

*we have NOT had any scratches in the floors due to our 40 pound dog.

• suter705
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Our Cortec Grande Petronas has been in for a year now. We love these floors and get many compliments. Not a single scratch from our 45 pound Vizsla (sporting dog). We have used 3m chair pads with some success. We also got some acrylic cups with pads on the bottoms that are working great (Amazon). A little tricky to put on, but it just takes some pulling and tugging to get them on. We love the floor. Regarding the uneven floor issue; you would have the same issue with hardwood. This is a floating floor. Cortec recommends gluing it in anyplace where you are going to have cabinets on top of it or something heavy like a piano. My contractor used the recommended glue under my kitchen cabinets. Info is on their website. I have 10 extra boxes of flooring if you are near Chesapeake VA. It was cheaper for me to order a palette than by the box since I used it throughout a 2800 sq foot home. I have one place where two boards where payed close together, but I don’t notice it now and once I put my area rugs down it was a non issue.

• suter705
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Were placed.

• Lana Balan
    8 months ago

Thank you so much for the responses and offer for flooring. We will need a good amount so will probably have to come up with a alternative. Love hearing some other ideas ( and maybe pictures) on flooring we should look at.

• suter705
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Those that are having stock issues with the Cortec Grande; one of the big reasons you like it is because it is engineered in register (I think that is the correct terminology). Most LVP is not. It basically means that the coating on it is not just brushed on, it actually matches the grain of the printing so that it looks more realistic. I ordered a box of Provenza that I was sure I was going to like….don’t get me wrong it is a better than average product, but not in the same league. Cortec has a few other choices in other lines that are also engineered in register. I believe one of them is the really narrow planks that are more the width of traditional hardwood. I have Cortec Carolina Pine in another home and it has done very well from a wear standpoint, but the wear layer is thinner. It does have some scratches after about 7 years of use in a summer beach rental. I highly recommend ordering a box of your choice to see it in your home before you do your final order.

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

I’ve had Grande Goldin Oak for 3 months and not a single scratch from our 60 lb dog. I love these floors!

• tracyosterhoudt
    8 months ago

We are going to install Cortec Grande LVPs (either Petronas or Golden Oak), and we have a baby grand piano. Anything I should worry about? Thank you!

• etravel3965
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

I like the two on the right, the more brown! But that's just a personal preference!

• suter705
    Original Author
    8 months ago

I have a Mason & Hamlin baby grand that weights 800 lbs. that has been on my Grande Petronas for just over a year. I have large castor cups under the wheels (about 5 inches in diameter) to help distribute the weight from the wheels and to prevent denting. Have had no problems. I called them about the weight and they told me there should be no problem. The flooring will “float” around it. I live in southeast Virginia, so it never gets really dry where I am. There is always humidity.

• Lana Balan
    8 months ago

We have been looking at Provenza, Maxcore in “True Story” since we are not able to get the CoreTec Grande. Has anyone used this brand or specifically this color? We are a little concerned about the variation, but it is the closest looking real wood feel and pattern that we have seen. Would love your insights. Thank you

• L B
    6 months ago

So we had the Grsnde Petronas Oak installed 6 months ago. We love the look of it. Just to set expectations, please know that this floor DOES SCRATCH. We have a 50 pound dog that is not particularly active but does occasionally stretch with her front claws on the floor and also will excitedly grab her toy from time to time. There are a lot of scratches on on floor; fortunately they are only visible when i damp mop. i dont see them when the floor is dry.

• HU-625172060
    4 months ago

Thank you to everyone who posted pictures of their projects! We've looked at sooooo many different samples of SPC, WPC, Laminate flooring and the more you look, the more confused you get. We have FINALLY decided we like the Coretec Petronas Oak best of all and I loved being able to see what the floor will look like (and not just a sample board!).

For those that have had this floor installed now for a while ... are you still happy with your choice? How hard is it to keep clean, is is slippery to walk on (the sample feels like it has some kind of coating on top that handles some of the slip hazards), and most importantly, how has it held up to scratches and spills?

Thanks so much for all of your input!!!

• Louise Stanley
    4 months ago

I’ve had installed for two years now…still loving it. No scratches or dents, easy to clean. Definitely NOT slippery. Many compliments. Make sure you use warm lightbulbs….really accentuate the floor, bringing out the rich tones.

• HU-625172060
    4 months ago

Thanks so much Louise!!

• David M.
    2 months ago

Can anyone share more pics of their Grande Petronas Oak? I am ready to pull trigger on an order, but I am also worried that it has lots of dark patches (and not just dark knots like Golden). I also read where someone stated this and nothing like sample board which is consistent color without dark areas. Appreciate lots of pics and the more opinions of it the better. Thanks in advance, David

• Kim Parks
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I was considering that, but ended up going with Goldin Oak and I love the look and always get compliments on it.

HOWEVER, not sure I would do it again as we do have scratches and a gouge. My husband says next time we will do wood look tile.

Good Luck with whichever you choose. Here’s some pics:

• Kim Olson
    last month

I know this is an old thread but maybe someone can help. We are considering Grand Lotte Oak. We love the flooring but are concerned about the thickness. Baseboards will have to be removed and reinstalled. How do you deal with install around door frames that have a pretty complex pattern? We can’t just cut a square and slide it up. My husband is against placing molding around the baseboards because he prefers the cleaner look of the board being on top of the floor. I don’t think this would solve e the door frame issue anyway. Thank you!