SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bubbagal3

Ikea Layout Advice

Lee Thomas
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hey everyone,

As I move along at a pace that would make a turtle seem speedy, I thought I'd figured out how to share my floorpan using that gosh awful Ikea Planner but apparently this is the best I can do. Apologies for my screenshots and background.

The fronts will be ordered through Scherrs, and will eventually be a walnut shaker base except for the wall cab/ pantry which will be painted white shaker.

The corner is dead space. Obviously actual countertop will be on the cabs starting from the wall mounts next to the fridge. The stacked wall cabs will, budget willing, be made by Scherrs. Ikea, naturally, does not make the bizarre height I need, so these are just stand ins for the real deal. And yes, there will be finished end panels, filler, and an island panel.

Im not married to the location of the range and sink the than wanting them to both stay on that wall to make plumbing concerns easier/ cheaper.

The island will be the same height as the cabs.

All base cabs, save 1 for the mixers, are drawers.

The kitchen is L shaped with the 8.9'X15' 8' ceilings and will be open to the dinning room and family room. The island, once it has a counter, will be a secondary eating/ serving/ rolling out fondant space with seating.

Oh disregard the cabs by the sliders, i promise those won't actually be there.

Hope this makes sense.

Lee

Comments (6)