SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Furniture order regret, WWYD?

rebeccamomof123
7 years ago

The below space is my living room. The sectional in the photo below has been moved to my great room. The reason we relocated the sectional was because the furniture in the great room was shot and we never really liked how the sectional cut off the open concept of the living room. Also, when entertaining and needing to make the dining table larger, the sectional prevented us from being able to turn the table to open lengthwise into the space.

For orientation purposes, here is a view of dining area from the kitchen (you can see the table peeking out from behind the sofa, in photo 1).

This is the new sofa that was ordered for the above room.

It's measurements are 133" long and it will be placed along the back wall of the room, opposite the fireplace. That wall is about 137" so no real room leftover for an end table. Where the sofa ends is an arched doorway that leads into our front hall/entry. (out of view in photo). I also ordered an ottoman to use as extra seating and to push against sofa on "my side" so that both DH and I have a comfortable spot to sit with our legs up. As you can see, I did not have a coffee or end tables before, and instead we used the wooden tray on the ottoman to caddy drinks, snacks, etc.

I kind of already regret this new sofa and wonder if I would have been better off with a 3 seat sofa along the back wall, and a love seat to the right of the sofa (so that the back faces the traffic flow into the room) versus what i ordered. I was trying to create a more open look and feel to the space with more open functionality of the room.

BTW, to the right of the bookcase (cut off in photo above) is an entryway into our rec room.

It's probably not too late to cancel the order and re-order different pieces. We chose leather again because of its durability with 3 kids and a dog and it wipes clean so easily. I really wanted white slipcovered couches for this space but the practical momin me knows better.

WWYD? Would you keep what I ordered or replace with sofa, love seat, coffee table and end tables?

I'm not planning on changing anything else in the room.

Comments (49)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES