SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherrie_wette

Design Suggestion - Fireplace & Wall Color

Monrovia Mom
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi-

I had originally posted this to the paint area however somebody suggested that I cross-post it here.

We are in the midst of repainting the interior of our home. Our living room has tall (25 ish foot?) ceilings with a single beam going across. In addition, we have a brick fireplace with fake wood in the center. I need some help with:

1) Fireplace - Was looking to stain it but I'm not having a lot of success with assurance that it will look as I want it to. We are likely going to white-wash the brick & paint the the fake wood insert the same color used in the white-wash). The prominent color on walls is DE Doric White & I'd like to use either either DE Pewter Patter or Muslin for the white-wash & insert. Suggestions on that are welcome! Also, I have posted a picture of the wall directly opposite (stairwell) -- should that be Doric White (to match the other walls) or can I use the accent color there too (or will it just look too patchy)?

2) Beam - Paint it light or dark - originally it was dark & the painters thought I wanted it painted light. Making me rethink my dark choice (although my husband really likes the dark!)

The stairs are a medium brown wood. We will be updating carpets in the living room when we are done. (Shaw, Aspen Twist - light textured carpet with beige & grey flecks)

Help & thanks much for your advice!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz