SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbey_cny

? on motion sensor alarm

abbey_cny
7 years ago

I have an alarm system in my home from a local security company which includes a motion sensor alarm in the basement. It has been trouble free until recently. It sounded the alarm at 3 am about 4 months ago. Scared me half to death. it turned out to be a false alarm (police came out and checked) but it scared me half to death. Security company came out, replaced the battery in it, and claimed a low battery caused the problem. In the past few weeks it has gone off 3 more times, all in the very early hours of the morning. No one is down there at that time. Stairs leading to the basement have a door at the top which is always locked at night. Just me and the cats here and none of us were down there so what could be causing this? Security company cannot find a cause and they tell me it cannot be a mouse as they are too small to set off alarm. I live in fear of being awoken again by a blaring alarm so have been keeping motion alarm off at night. However I don't like not being able to use part of my burglar alarm system so would like to know if anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any possible solutions?
Thanks!
Abbey

Comments (9)