SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
proxymd

Viking 36" Gas Range

Phil Be Chefn
7 years ago

If you are thinking about a Viking Gas Range, my advice based on over ten years of living with this disastrous piece of appliance engineering is to avoid it like the plague.

Everything that can go wrong with a range has happened to mine: electronic igniters (replaced numerous times), oven gas manifolds (burned up and replaced), door seal (failed), door hinges (sprung), racks poorly designed and don't fit, difficult to clean,...

The temperature controls for the oven are extremely approximate and the distribution of heat is completely spotty, even with the "convection" fan on: the internal oven temp can very by more than 100 F. from one side to the other if you are set at 350 F.

I bought the Viking from a dealer because of the price, but due to the repairs and maintenance, which a lot I did myself, there was no bargain in retrospect. The more work I have done on it, the more I realized how poorly engineered it was. Being an active cook, I have had two Wolf and two Garland ranges (which were fabulous and which I sold along with the houses they were in), otherwise I would not be complaining on a public site.

Good luck.

Comment