SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27330420

WH Photographer Pete Souza- Behind the Lens: 2016 Year in Photographs

User
7 years ago

A fond farewell to 2016, to the Obamas and Bidens, and to Pete Souza, WH photographer extraordinaire.
https://medium.com/@WhiteHouse/behind-the-lens-2016-year-in-photographs-9e2c8733bbb3#.smsx5qndi

Comments (10)

• DLM2000-GW
    7 years ago

I can't even get through it without tearing up.

• bothell
    7 years ago

Enjoyed these photos so much. Eight years of grace, intelligence, compassion,thoughtfulness and caring is ending on Jan, 20. Thank you for posting this.

• czarinalex
    7 years ago

Thank you for posting these. I thoroughly enjoyed looking through them. I am a big Obama fan, but was disappointed that the current administration starting restricting access to independent photographers about 3 years ago in favor of the 'official' white house ones.

• cattyles
    7 years ago

Wow, tearjerker. I savored each and bookmarked them to enjoy many more times. Thank you, mayflowers.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

You're welcome. DH is a huge Pete Souza fan and has followed his WH career. DH's been a photographer all his life and his focus is photos of people. He said Pete has a gift for showing Obama's genuine connection with people.

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I saw most of these a month or so ago, but none from the past month. It might have been you who shared the first time. Anyway, thanks for posting!

• maddielee
    7 years ago

Thank you for posting this.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    7 years ago

I have these saved in FB, also all of the recent video from The White House and other sources. Thank you.

• User
    7 years ago

Obama will surely be added to that collection of photos of before/after of presidents. It's not just his gray hair, but his facial expressions that have aged. I can't quite put my finger on it.