Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Would you support a wind energy program?

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

This morning I was asked to sign a petition asking for the initial permit for a wind turbine project be revoked. I opted to not sign the petition because I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

The first wind turbine farm in NC was started about 30 miles from me, and is almost completed. I've been fascinated by those turbines when I've had the opportunity to see them. They are so sleek and cool looking! But, I don't have to live by them. Nor will this new proposed farm be very close. Approximately 10 miles. And would have 100 to 150 turbines!

What I know about wind energy is that it's green, the turbines are huge, generates less noise than the older turbines, and are a detriment to flying wildlife, though less so than older turbines. And that's about the extent of my knowledge.

I've only googled a little bit today and haven't yet seen many unbiased reports. When I have more time to sit for longer periods, I will research more.

Anyone have an opinion?

Comments (41)