Anybody Tried Hi-Energy Weight Loss Program?
21 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
- 21 years ago
- 21 years ago
Related Discussions
Weight Loss Support - February
Comments (60)Lol Bobby! Keep trying darlin! Eileen, 32 miles is impressive. I wish we had some of your weather right now... Good job Pam! 4.5 pounds that was fast! I think I am only down 6 pounds since the beginning of the year. But I am way healthier and my measurements are showing it. I've lost 2 inches off my waist. My pics from the beginning sickened me, but now my tummy is so much flatter! Great job FOAS (thanks Pam!) keep us informed - hope you get the exercise clearance - what a difference it makes in how you feel. Deanna, how did you survive that day? Sometimes, I think you just have to go with it and do your best. And not beat yourself up over stuff. I read recently that you should eat "clean" 80% of the time at first and the other 20% let yourself eat waht you are craving - so you don't feel deprived. There are so many darn theories out there, it confuses me. "Eat more! If you don't your metabolism slows down in starvation mode..." "The only way to lose weight is with a calorie deficit - you're eating too many calories and not working out enough!" "You're working out TOO hard - you need to lighten up a bit and let your body repair!" "All you need to do is WALK - just move." "You have to have variety in your activities - otherwise your body adapts and plateaus..." "Get all the junk food out of your house - no more junk!" "Allow yourself cheats or you will binge" sheesh. No wonder nobody can lose weight. Who was it that posted the food journal on the Daily Plate? I started using it and am curious to see if I had been eating too many calories ...or if my proportions were off (protein-carbs-fats). It is a cool site and I am enjoying entering things in and keeping track. At least it makes me more aware. I can't eat a handful of almonds 6 times a day - even if they are good for me - lol. Stacy...See MoreYoga and weight loss II
Comments (15)Exercising can be magical! I will not lie about that. Sometimes if you are stressed out it is because you are sitting around to long or haven't been getting proper exercise, that is most likely why the exercise "cleared your lungs." It is possible you are suffering from Insomnia. Insomnia is a symptom that causes many complications in the physical, mental and emotional quality of a person. When the body is severely attacked by chronic insomnia, the digestive system goes awry, and the liver is often in very poor condition. The nervous system is progressively destabilized, the person experiences exhaustion and wear, which affects their daily work. A vicious circle: the fatigue and inefficiency that results in the anguish of not finding restful sleep, which in turn leads to increasing difficulty falling asleep. Remember to always get as much sleep as your body needs and don't deprive yourself of it! Also since you said "it cleared my lungs" Here is a good yoga exercise for breathing: Hasta uttanasana: Yoga that Helps Breathing Stand up, feet together, arms dangling. Cross your wrists in front of the abdomen. Inhale deeply, raising your arms and stretching them above and beyond your head. Slightly bend your neck back and hold your breath a few moments. Exhale with open arms at your sides until shoulder height. Inhale. Cross your wrists again over the head. Hold the breath a few seconds. Exhale slowly, lowering your arms forward to regain the starting position. Do this exercise ten times. During the movement, feel the air go up a more lateral and open chest space. At the end, feel the air go out slowly and completely, as the thoracic space closes. Good luck! Here is a link that might be useful: Live A Life Of Happiness!...See MoreClueless regarding 50 lb. Weight Loss
Comments (6)Could be that he doesn't know the reason why himself! I lost 50 pounds in a matter of a few months too about 2 years ago. My family doctor said I was okay at 109 lbs at 5 feet 2 inches. He didn't seem concerned with how fast I was losing the weight. My specialist, however, said that it wasn't right - even for a person on a diet! I was 106 lbs when I saw him. He put me on an antidepressant. I said "Why? I'm not depressed." He said that antidepressants can make a person gain weight. It was a very small dose and it worked. I was only on them for a month though cuz I didn't like how it made me feel. I went down to 104 lbs, my menstruations were about every 2 months, and I was starting to get scared that my body was starting to shut down. I would step on the scale everyy week and see that I was 5 lbs less! It was the first time in my life that I was having a hard time GAINING weight. Usually I would just LOOK at food and gain! LOL I was anemic at the time, but nobody knows why it happened. Now I'm 134 lbs and loving it! My specialist told me to eat every 3 hours. A little bit at a time. You see, the problem I was having was that when I was hungry, I had to eat RIGHT AWAY or I'd be sick. I would vomit and then feel better and be able to eat a little bit. I would eat 2/3 cup of rice and be FULL! I always had something on hand (baked goods, etc.) to eat whenever I got hungry. I "stretched" my stomach back to what it was eventually so that now I eat "normally". Not sure what happened but I'm glad it's over!...See MoreWould you support a wind energy program?
Comments (41)I spent the better part of yesterday, way into the night, reading everything I could find. The mistake I made was to move over to social media. It left me rather stunned to see postings by friends, neighbors and acquaintances on a face book page created to fight this wind project. It was worse than any of the political crap over the past year and kind of took the wind out of my sails, no pun intended. I'm disheartened by it all and decided to take a step back and enjoy the weekend. Next week I am going to take a ride over to the other site and check it out more thoroughly, but I do know that at this point I'm not going to sign the petition. But I am more interested in wind power than I realized....See More- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULAR7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHouzz Tour: An Energy-Efficient Home for 3 Generations
This Australian house takes sustainability and accessibility to a new level
Full Story
LIGHTINGThe Lowdown on High-Efficiency LED Lighting
Learn about LED tapes, ropes, pucks and more to create a flexible and energy-efficient lighting design that looks great
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Ways to Hide That Air Conditioner
Feeling boxed in designing around your mini-split air conditioner? Try one of these clever disguises and distractions
Full Story
EARTH DAY5 Ideas for a More Earth-Friendly Garden
Consider increasing the size of garden beds, filtering rainwater and using plants to reduce energy use
Full Story
GREEN DECORATING6 Ways to Cool Off Without Air Conditioning
These methods can reduce temperatures in the home and save on energy bills
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGLook to the Sun for More of Your Home's Lighting
Manage sunlight with design-savvy windows, solar tubes and skylights to save energy and show your home's beauty
Full Story
MATERIALSMaterials Workshop: Polycarbonate — a Low-Cost Alternative to Glass
Looking for something lighter, stronger and less expensive than glass? Multiwall polycarbonate may be a good option
Full Story
SAVING WATER11 Ways to Save Water at Home
Whether you live in a drought-stricken area or just want to help preserve a precious resource, here are things you can do to use less water
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNEco-Friendly Materials: Kitchen Countertops
Going green in the kitchen opens the door to unusual countertop materials that are beautiful, durable and kind to the planet
Full StorySponsored
grannygay68