SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelaid_gw

Interesting article re gossip!

7 years ago

I absolutely abhor a gossip!

There are two women I avoid like the plague because of the venomous and malicious personal attacks on others. And anyone seems to be fair game. Family, friends, acquaintances, someone/something they heard/read about online.

My (almost former) boss is one of the worst! For at least the last ten, out of 26, I have to keep anything, and everything, personal very "close to the vest" or it will be good fodder for gossip at his local bar on Friday night. I have heard things I allegedly said, or did, that just make me shake my head in disbelief.

There are a couple of websites I go to when I start feeling fear or uncertainty creeping up in me about the upcoming changes in my life.

One of the recent topics was "15 Habits of Irresistible People"

1. They treat everyone with dignity and respect.

2. They don't gossip.

(One Phrase To Stop Gossip Immediately:

When someone is trying to involve you in an offensive diatribe relating to someone else, the best thing to ask is: "Why are you telling me this?")

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/psychologists-reveal-the-one-phrase-to-stop-gossiping-immediately-still-in-progress/

I don't know why this hit me so profoundly this morning. I must have needed to see it. I hope I have the courage to actually say it the next time someone approaches me with, "Did you hear about ..." in a mean-spirited way.

Comments (11)