SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbergm

Hood Venting Question

mbergm
7 years ago

I am still in the planning stages of my kitchen and have been trying to wade through hood/ventilation/make up air/ducting issues. I just read AvatarWalt's post on switching to a roof mounted blower/inline silencer etc. and how highly he recommends this for quieter set up.

Wondering if anyone can comment on this situation: I dont think we can go directly up and to the attic with venting as there is bedroom above kitchen and then sloped side walls with no attic above. However in very far corner of kitchen --there is a dressing area/closet above a garage addition. 1) Can one/is is it advisable to create a chase in a corner of a closet for venting and silencer with roof mount? or 2) The garage addition shares about 6 feet of wall with the kitchen--can the hood vent out laterally into the garage and have a inline silencer/remote blower going horizontally across the garage to far exterior wall of garage? Are there issues with venting through garage with fumes etc, garage unheated in Wisconsin.

Sorry for the dumb questions. I am so building envelope/building science impaired.

Comment (1)