SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eljardindelaalegria2014

Reviews about rose bushes on the front of the house

El Jardín de la Alegría en Madrid
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello!! I would like you to give me your opinion about the combination of these roses.

The roses with the name in blue are roses planted last year on the facade of my house.

Combine Rosa 'Pink Cloud' and Rosa 'Buff Beauty' with the idea of being able to guide these roses around the window on the left.

At the opposite end, I planted two Rosa 'Lady Emma Hamilton' (shrub) and Rosa 'Penelope' with the idea of being able to guide the latter around the right window.

I have two doubts about this combination:

The first: If it would be nice to put a Rosa 'Rambling Rector'.

The problem is that being so young the roses I have planted in this area, I can not say with certainty its exact moment of flowering. Maybe they will not agree with Rambler Rector?

The second: Last year I planted on both ends Rosa 'Buff Beauty' and Rosa 'Penelope' thinking that they are roses that climb and can cover enough area of the wall.

But now I have doubts that they can be guided by the latticework of the wood. Perhaps they will grow like a bush and will never reach a certain height?

Do any of you cultivate these two hybrids of musk and can you tell me if it is possible to get them to two meters high?

What do you think of the combination of flower sizes and color range?

Many thanks to all for collaborating with me?

Edito to include measures of the width of the facade of the house: It is 8 meters wide (26.24 foot)

Comments (17)