SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Foyer runner: Yes, Maybe, or Oh Heck No?

IdaClaire
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Here's the thing: I love pretty rugs. I also appreciate the simplicity of a bare floor, but especially now that we've had our first real cold snap I'm starting to wonder if a runner in the foyer would be a good idea, simply for visual warmth. I think I have room for one; the measuring tape in this photo is stretched to 12 feet, running from the edge of the stairway to the edge of the powder room door:

The distance from wall to wall is 57 inches.

Here are shots taken from both ends of the foyer:

I have a fairly unobtrusive Waterhog mat at the front door so I don't need a runner to extend that far.

Here are rugs in the living and dining spaces, which the foyer leads into. My artwork is Southwest / Native American for the most part but I'm really drawn to Persian style rugs. The paintings in the foyer are colorful and vibrant, so I'm not sure if the addition of more pattern would be overkill. But gosh, did I mention that I love pretty rugs? ;-)

Should I look for a runner for the foyer? If so, can you suggest a style to search for? I appreciate them but am not terribly knowledgeable when it comes to rugs. I also don't want to spend a small fortune.

Comments (73)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio