SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_weeks93

Tell me about your Climbing Iceberg and Climbing Yellow Sweetheart

First off, thanks for all of the enabling threads and information that gets passed along in this forum! Great resource of people and experience and it has truly helped me discover some fantastic roses and growing practices. I have been really pleased with all of the plants I have purchased after researching them here from your experiences and extrapolating climate information to discover what may do well locally for me! So far they have all done extremely well and have performed almost exactly as I expected (though I am about to start year 3, so .... rejoice on the LEAP year for the sleep/creep/leap mantra hah).

After doing some reading, I have come across these 2 roses and have struck a chord of interest for me (Iceberg frequently, and Sweetheart this week). The things that have initially attracted me to them is general ability to handle stress, seeming cold hardiness (I plan for zone 5, though we're really like 7 with a week of 6 during the winter), generous continual blooms, very double flowers, thorn less, and some fragrance, oh and also not a house eater.

I was hoping to pick your collective brains to see how these roses have performed for you. Things that make you sing love songs, or chant a funeral dirge as you march them out of your gardens. The good bad and the ugly so to speak :)

I am also open to hearing about your other suggestions! The Mrs tends to prefer the hybrid tea style rose with large, high petal count flowers. I have also been pondering Climbing Crimson Glory and Climbing Etoile De Hollande.

Comments (8)