SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heavenlyfarm

My New Cottage Gardening Adventure

heavenlyfarm
7 years ago

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I last posted in this forum but I love cottage gardening, starting seeds, growing old favorites and heirlooms and I've been saving to get my own house to start my own actual gardens from scratch!

Well it happened! I bought a house in October and I'm only starting on the planning this Fall/Winter! It is essentially a clean slate with not much done with the yard besides some pines, a line of pine trees separating the front side yard from the backyard. NOW I very much dislike pine trees so they had to go and as of last week, they are gone and most stumps got grinded up!

The soil will definitely need a little improving but I plan on accomplishing that with composting, bringing in some composted soil from a local company and mulching with newspaper/chips.

Anyways here is some pictures and I hope to update this post with future things that are being done and to share the transformation from a dull yard to the home and cottage garden of my dreams!

~Michael

I also managed to finish repainting the trim to the shed and the garage as well :)

Before the cutting
After the cutting

Comments (15)

Sponsored