SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amckeon

Black exterior/white interior windows for remodel

amckeon
7 years ago

Hello, we have recently kicked off our addition/whole house remodel project and have yet to choose windows. It seems like every window dealer we talk to bashes the competitors and throws doubt into the mix...is there not one good window option out there? I need help! The house aesthetic is "modern farmhouse" and looking to install black exterior with white interior windows.

Some sellers have told us that black exterior fiberglass does not hold up over time: does anyone have personal experience with this? We were even told black vinyl does better??

I had been thinking fiberglass, but with this info, I am now considering an aluminum clad wood window (although I have reservation about putting wood in the bathrooms).

As for aluminum clad, I have quotes for Jeld-Wen Siteline and Sierra Pacific Hurd H3 that are similar in price. I have read reviews on this forum (many questioning the quality of both of these brands), but would love to get updated opinions comparing these two. The main difference that I can tell is that H3 has a vinyl core.

Would absolutely love advice. It seems all the sellers have opinions, but they all support they sale of their own products, so it's hard to decipher what is important/not so important.

Thanks so much for your time!

Comments (12)