SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy3754

This didn't sit right with me....

kathy3754
7 years ago

Our local newspaper runs a Dear Abby-type article on Sundays on money matters. Not investing, but more personal situations. And the two authors often throw in their take on ethics of a situation. However, their response last Sunday I REALLY didn't get.

A fellow worked for a painting contractor for years, then went off on his own. His former boss turned down a painting job because he thought it too small, recommended his former employee, but then according to him, "invoiced" him for 10 percent of the paint job. There apparently was no contract, written or oral, that there was some sort of agency agreement between the two.

I was quite surprised that at least one of the columnists agreed with the former employer. What would be your feelings on this matter, at least as to how the facts were presented?

On a personal level, several years ago my husband had a small jobs plumbing business, He got a call for a two day plumbing job because a plumbing buddy recommended him when said buddy, for what reason I don't recall now, was unable to take it. Afterwards my husband gave him a gift of a goodly supply of all different kinds of meat jerkey since he knew buddy was crazy about that treat as thanks for the referral, but wouldn't understand had a 10% invoice have been presented.

Comments (26)