SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellusionz

Offer price vs updating needed

ellusionz
7 years ago

Just had a few questions on choosing an offer price vs condition of the house. I know this will vary depending on the seller and the market. Plus we are purchasing with VA loan and since they are pickier, I'm guessing the buyers will sometimes shy away from us?

If a house has very retro, old looking bathrooms and jalousie windows do you think that could be factored into what we offer for a house?

There are other issues that may factor into if we try to get the house, such as cracking around the pool (its on a major slope into a lake) and my realtor saw some possible wood rot above the screening of the pool on the roof edge and around a door.

Market is in the winter so there aren't many homes matching what we need, but the view of this one I think makes up for updates that would be needed. Another thing I noticed in my research it looked like this home was purchased a year ago for 100k less than what they are asking now.

Just curious what others would think about on that side of things. We really like the house other than it's not an open floor plan and those older features that can be updated, but of course, it's an added expense.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths