SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

I need tea; it's a snow/cold/wind storm

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I don't think the requirements for "blizzard" have yet been met, but Babies, it's cold out there!"

The Weather Channel says it's 22 degrees, feels like 4 degrees; winds are from the north west at 31 mph; and it has just started snowing, again.

The back-yard thermometer says it's 23 degrees; and the front yard thermometer says it's 21 degrees.

We woke up to snow 12" to 14" deep on the driveway and front deck. It was deeper on the more protected back patio.

The base has declared the road conditions as "red," and told all non-mission essential people stay home. Wes is home and has been trying to beat the snow drifts back from the doors.

Sam and Harry have decided that running outside every 15 minutes is not such an essential activity today. Harry will be 14 in January; Sam just turned 8, and Harry still stays outside in the cold longer than Sam does. Harry can wait to go out far longer than Sam, too!

Wes uses the snowblower to cut a squared Figure 8 around the perimeter of the back yard so they can dash through the snow without freezing their undercarriages. They even have a circular "powder room" cut out from one of the sides of the "8." Our dogs are happy dogs!

I've got everything out to make a big pot of Lentil Soup.

Somebody, please put a big kettle on. Big enough to make pots of tea for all of us.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County