SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdkscully

Drainage company did job - soil is not hardening/muddy

Chris K
7 years ago

In October, I had a drainage company come in to correct a drainage issue in my backyard. I had broken up patio/concrete that was collecting water underneath it and undermining the foundation of the house. This was $7000 worth of work. Removing concrete, putting in pipes and drainage ditch, having it drain to the street, new sump pump etc.

After they took up the concrete and put down soil and grass seed, the area is still very very soft. What is making it worse is the excessive rain we've had at the end of oct and all of November. (Western NY region). They did not state if there was anything mixed in with the soil. However it was stated that this dept was experienced in this work (landscaping area).

My question is, when will this area harden. attached are photos of it. The tarp you see I put down so that the dog wouldn't sink into the mud. Underneath the tarp are pieces of wood so that it won't sink when you walk on it.

Should I wait until spring to see if this improves?

Are there any questions I should be asking the company?

I've already asked them why there is still puddles (that weren't there before). Manager stated "Well sometimes we have to go back in and add more) he did not say if that would be an additional cost to me.

just a note, I've already had a few words with them on another issue - took down awning that they normally don't do and siding blew off my house. Told after signing the contract that the sales man drew up "well we don't normally remove items from houses. Sales man put that in as a favor." I asked "To cinch the deal?" I could have had someone come in and remove that if they were not able to do it. It would not have broken the deal.

Comments (9)