SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anon_username

About to buy Wolf induction range -- any reason not to?

Anon Username
7 years ago

Getting very close to buying the new 30" Wolf induction range, model IR304PE.

Reasons for choosing it over other induction ranges are:

1) appearance of Wolf ranges. Shallow, I know. But this will be the centerpiece of the kitchen and I just love the way Wolf ranges look.

2) Legitimate bridge element. Bosch, Miele, Samsung don't have bridge. KitchenAid/JennAir do, but I just don't like the way they look compared to the Wolf.

3) Height. Wolf can be as low as 35-7/8". Miele/KitchenAid/Samsung have minimum height of 36". Bosch can be as low as 35.5" (possibly lower if feet are removed), but doesn't have bridge element. My counters are lower than 36" so the Wolf will be closer to flush than Miele/KitchenAid/Samsung.

Reasons for not picking the Wolf:

1) Price. ~$3500 more than Bosch, Samsung, KitchenAid. Feature-wise, it has a bridge feature that Bosch/Samsung do not, but compared to KitchenAid it has nothing to add, and a smaller oven to boot.

2) Blue enamel chipping issue. To be determined whether this will affect the induction ranges. But if it's the same blue enamel as in the other Wolf electric ovens, it seems reasonable to think that it will.

---

Ultimately the appearance is very important to me, and I feel kind of petty, but I'd go so far as to say it's worth the extra $3500. I'll have it installed by a certified installer, so the warranty on it will be 3 years as compared to a default 1-year factory warranty on most of the competition.

Anyways, I guess I'm posting this to see if anybody is aware of any other compelling reasons NOT to buy the Wolf. I haven't seen any owners posting about it, so I guess I may be an early adopter/guinea pig. Maybe I'll regret it but I'm leaning towards risking it!

Comments (14)