SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

air bags?

anoriginal
7 years ago

This morning on way to school. A little after 6:30 and still fairly dark. On busy road... 2 lanes in either direction, always decent amount of traffic. Passenger side, side air bag "deploys"!! Almost scared the you-know-what out of me. Pretty much stayed in my lane but easily could have had a tractor trailer or school bus beside me. Aid bag neatly ripped the seam in upholstery from top to bottom and is now just kinda dangling in front seat.

I did a little googling to see if any recall... '04, Hyundai Sante Fe. Nothing I could find but places I went to only asked for VIN and no make/model/year? Going to stop at mechanic's tomorrow and see what they say. It's hard driving while holding your BREATH!! Until I know what the story is, I really don't want ANY of them working?!?

Even went back out into parking lot to take a closer look. Thinking maybe a deer had run into the side and the air bag "distracted" me, but nothing on outside. Have you ever had that happen... NO collision or impact at all.

Comments (11)