SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

WiFi-Bluetooth PCI Card Problems

chas045
7 years ago

I have an HP ENVY Netbook running Win10 64bit, almost 4 years old.

It only came with a WiFi without bluetooth pci card. Thanks HP! I would like bluetooth and I had already bought a real cheap wifi/bluetooth card that didn't seem to work. I had recently switched to win10 and had heard about issues so I just gave up on that one. I just received a new card that was cheaper than from HP but appeared to be the exact same number card elsewhere. It is an Intel Duel Band Wireless-AC 3160 PCI card. Like the other new one, I couldn't get wireless (who knows about bluetooth). I have switched back several times, first to download new drivers from Intel with old wireless. Then I found the ethernet port on this netbook and rechecked the download and did a 'repair' via the ethernet; all without success.

I hope that I am just missing some setting. For example, when I switch back to the old PCI card, I still don't get WiFi until I go to device drivers and 'enable' the 802.1 setting. However, with the new ac3160, that setting is already 'auto' and I don't see any obvious bad setting. At one point with the new card I was issued a restart request that seemed promising, but still no connection. I am on ethernet for this post. Any Ideas?

Comments (4)