SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Transfer Android Galaxy Pics to PC vis USB?

chas045
8 years ago

I believe that I have transferred older phone pics directly to PC directly via USB, but I don't seem to succeed with my wife's two yr old Galaxy phone. I had thought the phone probably looked like a drive as with a digital camera, but perhaps I mis-remember.

With this inexpensive Galaxy Exhilarate connected to my win10 PC, I can connect and sometimes I see an android character icon indicating I can 'connect' or then 'disconnect', but nothing but the other option appears. If I view 'my computer' I can see an 'empty' F drive for formating. In devices I can actually see the properties of a android USB drive, but I don't see how to access it. My win7 machine didn't connect beyond seeing the 'F' drive either and with no android icon (although that would have been a new experience)

Anyone have experience with usb connection or another decent semi old method. Actually, I am just now waiting for a Bluetooth/WiFi card for this Win10 netbook and perhaps I will be able to use that or a WiFi method. I see that the phone is supposed to have some 'beam' method. But shouldn't USB work easy??

Comments (4)