SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piperett

Floor Plan and Exterior Opinions

Amber
7 years ago

Hello everyone! First time poster and I would love for you to critique our floor plan and the exterior of the home.

https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/flexible-southern-home-plan-with-bonus-room-51735hz 

Some info on us- We are a family of 4, late 30s with a 10 year old son and 12 year old daughter. This will be our 2nd home that we will have built. We currently live in a 1944 sq ft ranch and are wanting a split plan, open concept in our next home. Our lot is a little over an acre and there are 5 lakes in our neighborhood. Our property backs right up to one of them so we will be spending a ton of time in the back of the house and on the back porch. The front of our house will face a large wooded area which will remain wooded so I'm ok with not having much of a front porch. I'm more concerned with the views from the back.

A few things from the plan that we might change is to move the fireplace to the back wall (possibly install a see through or double sided fireplace?). If that's the case, we will probably move the door to the porch to the dining room. I think I would also like a door going into the pantry from the garage if that is possible. Seems like an easier way to unload the groceries. I really want to add a 1/2 bath in the laundry area, but not sure if it's possible with the space given. Thoughts?

We plan on finishing the bonus room as it is important we have a hang out space for the kids because we do a lot of entertaining! As far as the exterior, I really love what they used in the picture, but would like ideas on other brick colors that may look good with the stucco.

I hope I've provided enough information. Thank you all in advance!

Comments (23)