SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
able7200

Rose and Hibiscus propagation

able7200
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I live right next to Chicago Il in a village Skoki During winter it gets cold. When I bought the home 12x12 ft green house made of Aluminum with a door attached to my house with a sliding door. I never utilized it. Now I am retired and sometime in September I thought of gardening. My neighbour has Sharon Roose plants rose like flowers almost the same size. So I took hardwood cuttings and seeds that were not dried yet Any way in about week time they dried out while they were in a plastic box. So I planted those in small pots almost thirty of them they are about three inches long plants now still in small containers. All came out except one. from hard wood cutting I planted 7 of them in small pots all came out with new leaves now. I also planted some rose cuttings in my greenhouse about five of them you could see new growing on those ones. Also used a plastic box that was lying around in my home and put in 4 large containers with about 9 rose cuttings in each of the planter. Two containers have cuttings from one rose bush and the third one has cuttings from different rose bushes some of them are tea rose cuttings. Looks like all of them are going to be ok. I could see some of buds are swollen and coming out but no leaves yet. I will post the pictures later on once I see new growth. I have about 9 knockout rose bushes that have new growth. I am going to take cuttings and wrap them around like Barito technique. I will see what success that is going to bring.

Comments (2)