My ideabooks are gone.

Jody Rogers
All of my idea books have disappeared. This is the only account I have and sign in is no problem. I've checked the account on two different devices. Can someone help?
SaveComment18Like
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jody Rogers
Never mind. They suddenly showed up.
Save    
Emily H

Thanks for following up, Jody!

Save    
Sondra Van Huss

As of today ALL OF MY IDEA books have vanished and I get an e-mail thanking me for saving my first photo! I had dozens of folders and all gone!

Save    
ker9
Updated iPad today and can not find my idea books either.
Save    
HU-740203327
My Ideabooks have disappeared! Have signed out and back in, no progress. Help!
Save    
Emily H

HI all, Can you confirm that you are on the latest version of the app (Version 19.4.1)? If you have not updated, please do!

Save    
Monica Flickner

Hi My older ideabooks have disappeared. The one I made today is visible, but that's all.

I am planning a few remodels in the future and I would appreciate it if they can be returned

to my account. Once they have been returned, I can delete the ones I no longer need if

that is now a requirement. Thank you for your help!

Save    
Sondra

Anyone having problems with the OLD idea books list do what I did.....try signing out and back into your account and see if that solves the problem. Did for me and I'm not sure why but I do have three different e-mails but never remembered signing up with any of the others but I now have my old list/photos back again. Very odd but it worked.

1 Like Save    
Amy Loos

I have the same problem. Hundreds of saved photos gone. Shared ideabooks also gone. I tried logging out and back on. No luck. Super frustrated.

Save    
Karen Jones

Me too! All gone. I updated app but I can’t find the ideabooks. What happened?! So much time and work lost

Save    
cyndismith77

Have lost all of the photos and ideabooks that I have saved over the past several years. Can't find how to locate / retrieve, any suggestions ?

Save    
Janet Williams

I need help with this also! I reset my password and now my idea book and wish list are gone. Help?

Save    
Haoyu Chen

Hi @Karen Jones, @cyndismith77 and @Janet Williams, if you still can't find your ideabooks or list. You could always reach out to Houzz support team by submitting a request here -- https://help.houzz.com/s/contactsupport?language=en_US. Thanks!

Save    
Janet Williams

I have contacted support multiple times. I heard back only once and it was to ask if I might have used a different account. Very frustrated that there's no way to fix this and no way to reach anyone on the phone.

Save    
HU-244802969

Same happened here. Logon no longer accessible.... ideabooks disappeared from both my ipad and phone all of a sudden.

Only when I search for my logon ideabooks on my desktop am able to view my ideabooks. But cant access my old user id!

Houzz tech support is highly deficient.

Save    
Emily H

Hi all, Most often when ideabooks are suddenly gone after resetting a password, it is because you are now logged into a different account. It's not unusual for someone to accidentally have created more than one account over the years.

For at least a few folks in this thread, I can see that you have multiple accounts originating from the same internet connection - some named very similarly - so that is likely the cause.

Please shoot a message to us through help.houzz.com and we are happy to help you sort it out and find the one you prefer. Thanks!

Save    
Janet Williams

This is the only solution that Houzz tech support offers when obviously there is something else going on. It would be nice if they listened to their customers and figured out how to respond to the situation rather than simply treating us all like dummies.

Save    
Jane Sovich

Need tech support to recover years of ideabooks that WERE DELETED BY HOUZZ. Thank you.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Trend Alert: Paint Gone Wild
Give your home an artful touch in drips and drabs, with paint treatments that feel free to splatter and splotch
Full Story
Fun Houzz 31 True Tales of Remodeling Gone Wild
Drugs, sex, excess — the home design industry is rife with stories that will blow your mind, or at least leave you scratching your head
Full Story
Exterior Color 18 Home Exteriors Gone Wild With Color
Technicolor dreams play out beautifully with these exterior paint jobs, showing that color confidence has its rewards
Full Story