SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmie2

Where to end backsplash.?

7 years ago

Longtime lurker here and have gleaned an immense amount of information over the years, thank you all. Am currently beginning a mini overhaul of our 18 year old U shaped kitchen. Medium tone cherry cabinets are staying exactly as is. Cannot move them. Have replaced my 2 major appliances ( Jenn Air Induction range and Kitchen Aid 5 door refrigerator, replacing the same brand previous appliances- they didn't fail me before),. An over the range microwave/ hood on order as well. Granite(!) picked out, Fantasy Brown, absolutely in love with it, and now the dreaded backsplash. And herein lies my question.... the peninsula will have a 12 inch overhang for seating. My upper cabinet on the wall perpendicular to the peninsula ends at the current counter edge. Do I halt the backsplash ( more than likely a quiet subway tile), at the end of the cabinet? Or do I run the backsplash to the end of the countertop keeping it in line with the bottom of the cabinet. I should mention that Idon't want to tile above the cabinets so the backsplash will go from countertop to cabinet bottom. Thanks for your help.

Comments (4)