SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy795

buff and shine problem on engineered floor! Help!

kathy795
7 years ago

We have a 14 year old Mohawk Engineered wood floor (ginger maple was the color I think). in great shape but lots of scratches so we had it screened and new poly. The company seemed very familiar with our type of floor. I learn now that that is really all they do. After the first process, the floor dried with an orange peel, dappled texture (was previously completely smooth). Applied a water based poly and used a roller (like paint roller). Floor definitely looks like a paint roller was used - can see the pattern.
They agreed it was not acceptable. Thought the heat being on had caused it to dry before it could seek its own level?? Did the floors over again yesterday - every step except the primer. We asked if they shouldn't try something different (no roller, different poly?) they insisted just don't turn up the heat this time. Dried the same....maybe a little better or maybe we are trying to convince ourselves of such?
Are we crazy? They want to try it again! The same process. We are not going to do that. We are hiring a full service floor company (can hopefully get our money back and use it to make this right). Has anyone heard of this happening? Is it because it is engineered floor (we already have that regret but it is on slab).
I may be able to attach a picture if I can figure out how to do that. Hard to catch on camera, but honest, very noticeable! THANK YOU!

Comments (8)