SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Are ALL Alside Windows Junk?

numbersjunkie
7 years ago

We have old M&W windows (30 years) and called a local glass company to come and fix a pane that had seal failure. The guy came highly recommended - the house is in a rural area and we are not locals so I always try to get recommendations from those who are.

He said the M&W windows are all due to fail soon and suggested we think about replacing them. He suggested the Alside Sovereign windows. I think its all he sells. He claims that is their top of the line model and the best window he's ever seen.

We are in the process of a major remodel and I have been wanting new windows for a while - old ones don't tilt to clean and are wood inside and out - in need of painting anyway. We think we should go with new windows but when I read the comments here on Alside I stopped dead in my tracks.

If they are not good windows, what else should we look at? The cost he quoted for the Alside was 348 ea + 45 install (40 x 55), low-e with grills on the top. Sounds like a great price but what do I know. I'm not looking for the cheapest price BTW.

Also looking for installers who service this area if we bypass the "local" guy. We're on Lake Gaston, in NC.

Comments (6)