SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fredpinto

WOULD LIKE ADVICE ON ALSIDE MODEL 3001 WINDOW

9 years ago

Greetings,

I am new so please bare with me. We had a smoky fire last year in our house and the rebuilding contractor, Mark1 Restorations, said all the vinyl replacement windows needed replacing due to the oily soot from the fire. This was a surprise to us but we went ahead and what has bothered us ever since is how fast, I mean really fast, they replaced the windows. Ten windows in all. I always get suspicious when someone moves as fast as they did on replacing the windows. I have been reading reviews about Alside and I am not comfortable with what they did. The replacement windows, paid for by our insurance company are listed as "high end" by the contractor. This is what the insurance company will see, not the product name, just that it is "high end". Since the contractor is not finished with our house is there something we should do now, perhaps get something in writing should the windows have issues? We still have to sign off on the final payment, about $15K so we still have some power to get things right. Any suggestions / help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (3)