SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

On becoming a hermit

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Does anyone else not want to go out?

It is so bizarre, but I really don't want to socialize right now. It seems absurd to get together without discussing the election ... is is the "elephant" in the room right now. But..

I find that everyone wants to talk about it, but really only after they try to feel you out to make sure you are "one of them". Then they let loose!

I feel like I am living in the USSR and I don't know who might be KGB. Absurd I know.

Some of the press, (the elite media who I unabashedly respect and love) have shocked me with how extreme they are in discussing the election. One called it a cataclysmic event akin to Pearl Harbor and 9/11. My goodness, just when I was starting to feel better. I mean really no one has died, and T is not my cup of tea but I don't think he wants our country to fail. And we have checks and balances and representation. for goodness sakes. OTOH, a colleague was discussing it with me (he was an H voter) and I found myself tearing up as he discussed his disbelief and dismay.

We are starting the social/party season and I am not feeling up to it. Confession: I have resorted to looking up party affiliations on line for a dinner party I am going to Friday. That way I know in advance that it's probably best to avoid the topic, just like they always said. Never before have I felt the need to avoid such discussions.

I know this is not good behavior. This is my confession!

Comments (146)