SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_contact_mail2

Lemon tree having issues, could an expert please ID my error ?

Alfred Quinn
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

[Explanation Below],

Figure 1 : Overview of the young tree. Hardly any leaves, barely surviving. Been losing leaves constantly. 1 summer, and 1 winter have both pass. An entire year of decline.

-

Figure 2 : Leaves located at the top of the plant. Note: Strange nodules/bumps on tip where leaves have fallen off.

-

Figure 3 : New growth show purple shadows on the edge of leaves, not sure what this means.

-

Figure 4 : Nodular location of where leaves/branches use to be. They've fallen off, the plant has then tried to form new ones on the top but they also fall off soon after too. It's incredibly ugly and this is how the plant looks 90% of the length. Just branches with these scars side by side.

-

Explanation :

I currently live in Australia, in a mediterranean climate. Recently a young lemon tree of mine has been having tremendous trouble. It's canopy was full of leaves when I bought it from the store. However, since then it's/i've been having very little success.

It was infected by the "citrus gall wasp" and I had to remove much of the infected branches. Now with the infection dealt with, I suspect there is some sort of deficiency. I've applied nitrogen and magnesium boosts to it, but still there is very little change (~2months). I would love any advice on how to solve this problem, i'm little stumped.

-

Thank you community,

Best Regards,

Alfred

Comments (2)