SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hiddenacres32

Appetizers to take as a houseguest

Anne
7 years ago

We are going to a relatives for Thanksgiving. It is a 4 hour drive or 2 hour train trip (not including the hour plus drive to the train station, so we will drive). When I asked what can we bring of course it was just yourselves. They are incredible hosts who are incredibly generous with their home, food, wine, etc. I cannot afford wine that is in the price range they buy. Although they would be grateful and gracious I don't want to do that because they are serious about it and I feel it would not be appropriate to take a 40 dollar bottle to a 400 dollar home.

What can I take? They have a really great bakery that they get sweets from so I am looking for some kind of appetizers or snacks that wont require much work. Any suggestions? I can either make them or order from somewhere. Is goat cheese with bottled artichoke spread and maybe some fig jam too easy? Are the roll ups with ham and cream cheese from the bulk store too generic? I do this thick sliced deli ham with cream cheese with seasoning around pickle spears but I don't know if it is too "down home". I could bring some store bought cookies and they would be great with that, I just want to do something nice since they make our visits so incredibly nice.

Comments (34)